Viewports shutters & RHEED screens
- Protect viewports & RHEED screens from heat load & coating by evaporated materials – baffled version
- Specific wide-angle shutters – no full coverage – to optimize available angle for optical instruments, block incident radiations and preserve central area from coating
- Fit all standard viewport sizes
- Maximum vacuum integrity and reliability
For all deposition applications, Riber supplies a range of flap-type viewport shutters with a linear movement, magnetically coupled actuator for high reliability. The shutters are mounted on double-sided flanges, which fit between the viewport and the chamber .
- Strong magnetic coupling assured by using rare-earth magnets configured to provide maximum coupling strength. External magnets do not need be removed for bakeouts up to 250°C. For higher temperature bakeouts, the external magnet can simply be removed; magnets are not used inside the vacuum envelope.
- Clear view – the flap type shutter provides a clear and unobstructed view into the UHV chamber.
- The linear motion actuator flap-type design minimizes the number of moving parts – this, combined with a design that prevents seizing caused by deposited material, guarantees maximum reliability.
- Locking screw enables the shutter to be locked into any position; closed, open or partially open.
- Also exist in pneumatic versions: Pneumatic mechanism controlled by Crystal Xe software; Security to close automatically your shutter before your growth, avoid coating by mistake
2 versions are available
- standard wide-angle version with highest unobstructed view inside the chamber, preferably used for viewports not facing any evaporation source, typically, optical instrumentation at the bottom of the chamber
- Baffled version, for a tight closing, preventing any deposition onto the viewports exposed to evaporation sources (cells inspection viewports, transfer viewport,..)
The RHEED screen and shutter are mounted on the same double-sided flange assembly. This assembly is usually supplied with the phosphor coated lead glass screen and retaining clamp.
Both standard or gas baffle shutters are available to protect RHEED screens.